To enable Facebook channel Integration, we need a Facebook Account and Facebook page from where customers will view the social post and share the likes/comments.
The Facebook page needs to be associated with a Facebook App. The necessary configurations needs to be performed on Facebook App. Once done Channel configurations need to be done on Omnichannel App.
Facebook App – Prerequisites:
Login to https://developers.facebook.com
- Create app, which is automatically set to Dev Mode
- Begin testing with your own assets, and compile the assets required for App Review
- Submit for necessary permissions/features in App Review
- After completing App Review, switch your app to “Live”
- Configure a work Stream for Facebook channel.
- Enable Rule set.
- Associate Queue to which the messages need to be assigned.
- Enable Work Distribution mode to push.
- Set the Agent Status during which Agent can received the notification in Allowed Presence Section.
Configure Facebook page in omnichannel App:
- Create a Facebook Page with Page ID defined in Facebook App.
- Page Name should match the configuration in Facebook App.
- Page Access Token in generated from Facebook App.
- Associate Work Stream and Facebook Application(Channel).
- In Omnichannel App, Configure the Facebook Application. Application Id is the Facebook App ID.
- Associate the Facebook page created in above screen shot. System generates a callback Uri and Token ( verify Token in below screen shot)
- The Callback Uri and Token from above step needs to be updated in Facebook App -> Web hooks section.
Configure Channel Integration Framework
- To receive push notifications from Facebook page Channel Integration framework needs to be configured and associated to Omnichannel App.
- Now all steps are configured successfully to exchange communication between Facebook and Omnichannel live chat. Below are the sample screens in Omnichannel App when Agent receives incoming notification.