- Logon to portal.office.com
- Navigate to Settings->Org Settings->Services->Dynamics 365 Customer Voice
- Click on Add Domain ->Enter the Domain name and click on next
- Make Sure you enter a valid domain name without any https:// or www:// prefix.
- Click on next once entering the domain.
- System displays CName, CName and TXT values. These values need to copied in DNS records of the domain.( NOTE: In my case domain is purchased from godaddy and I need to add the DNS records in GoDaddy site.
- The name values entered in DNS Records in GoDaddy should not have the domain suffix for names. The value in DNS should be fpeurkey1_domainkey and fpeurkey2_domainkey instead of fpeurkey1_domainkey.devisdemo.com and fpeurkey2_domainkey.devisdemo.com
- Once the values are added in DNS Records, in portal.office.com screen click on Verify.
- The records will be verified successfully and we need to enter the email address in the custom domain.
- Once the domain is successfully verified, add the Distribution members email address in the below screen. These email ids associated here should have a valid mailbox configured for their ids.
- The Approved User should be a global admin or Customer Voice licensed User.
- Logon to https://Customervoice.microsoft.com
- Open the desired Projects and choose any survey. Click on send and expand the Distribution Settings section.
One thought on “Add Custom Domain in Dynamics 365 Customer Voice Survey”
Your post gave me the right solution for my problem that my custom domain was not getting verified. I was not using GoDaddy, but still I had to remove the domain part from the CNAME entries in order to get it working. It took me a few hours of headaches before I found your blog post. I have suggested to change the MS documentation accordingly…